As we get ready to throw wide the patio door & crack open the windows whilst asleep we must be mindful of our home security. Most criminals who burglarize homes are looking for an easy hit; a house that they can break into quickly, take something of value, and leave without being detected.
It doesn’t have to be a complex security system (of course we can help with those). However some relatively simple steps will greatly decrease the odds of a break-in, which means you can enjoy a bit more peace of mind, and a peaceful time.
– If you’re not in your home or even if you’re out in the back garden, avoid leaving doors and windows open.
– Make sure you don’t have any valuables or keys visible through any of your windows or doors.
– If you must have the windows open, install restrictors which limit the amount the window can be opened.
– Use automated time switches on lights and curtains to give potential burglars the impression you’re home when you’re out.
– If you’re even just out for the day, ask a neighbour if they can park their car on your drive.
– After a day in the garden, remember to put equipment and toys in a locked shed or garage overnight.
If we can help at all with your security concerns, please get in touch. We offer a no obligation home survey and can help with discouraging intruders with lighting, CCTV and intruder alarms. Call us on 01502 56 44 99